Are you in want of a refreshing drink to chill down with this summer season? You’ve received to do that fruity, glowing Watermelon Agua Fresca.
Agua fresca, or “contemporary water,” is a well-liked drink in Mexico and all through Central America. They’re made by combining water with sugar and fruits to create a candy and engaging beverage.
My model makes use of cooling watermelon and honey to maintain it free from refined sugars. When blended with glowing water, the result’s a fizzy beverage you’ll need to drink all summer season lengthy.
Agua Fresca Substances
This basic agua fresca makes use of solely 5 components, and two are water: common water and sparking water. Essentially the most pure type of glowing water is glowing mineral water, which not solely naturally accommodates minerals, but additionally will be naturally carbonated.
Watermelon, in fact, is the star ingredient of watermelon agua fresca. Watermelon advantages are larger than you’d assume. One in every of its prime advantages is its excessive water content material. In reality, it’s estimated to be composed of about 91 % water, which can assist the physique to detox and do away with extra water and fluids, relieving uncomfortable bloating and swelling.
Subsequent is uncooked honey, a significantly better selection than sugar that’s sometimes deployed in agua fresca recipes. One tablespoon of honey accommodates 64 energy, but it has a wholesome glycemic load round 10 for one tablespoon, which is rather less than a banana. Uncooked honey accommodates 22 amino acids, 27 minerals and 5,000 enzymes.
Lastly, you’ll be including lime juice, an ideal praise to the flavors and in addition loaded with antioxidants.
General, these components make for a scrumptious mocktail however comparatively low calorie. One cup of watermelon is barely 46 energy, and every serving of this agua fresca is barely 27 energy. As well as, the sparking water helps you’re feeling full.
Methods to Make Watermelon Agua Fresca
Begin by mixing the watermelon, uncooked honey and contemporary lime juice in a blender till the watermelon is easy. Combine within the sparking water earlier than pouring.
Garnish the drink with lime slices or mint leaves earlier than serving.
Make a giant batch of this Watermelon Agua Fresca to maintain within the fridge for decent nights or for serving at barbecues. Serve inside three days after making.
Agua Fresca Suggestions
- Ideally, you’re utilizing ripe, candy watermelon. If not, you could want so as to add slightly extra honey.
- Strive different fruits moreover watermelon. Cantelope, strawberries or pineapple, for instance.
- Want the drink to be extra tart? Add extra lime juice.
- Need to flip this watermelon aqua fresca mocktail right into a cocktail? You need to use vodka or tequila, as each marry effectively. Add three-quarters of an oz. as much as one-and-a-half ounces to at least one serving and stir.
Different Wholesome Mocktails
Different Scrumptious Watermelon Recipes
Agua fresca, or “contemporary water,” is a well-liked drink in Mexico and all through Central America. Normally it’s a combo of sugar and fruits. Right here we go more healthy … however simply as scrumptious!
- 4 cups watermelon, lower into items
- ½ cup water
- ½ tablespoon uncooked honey
- ½ tablespoon contemporary lime juice
- ½ cup glowing water (mineral is greatest)
- optionally available garnishes: lime slices and mint leaves
- Mix watermelon, water, honey and lime juice in a blender.
- Stir in glowing water simply previous to serving.
- Garnish with lime slices and mint leaves if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Class: Drinks
- Methodology: Blender
- Delicacies: Mexican
Key phrases: agua fresca recipe, watermelon agua fresca